Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Thursday, April 16, 2009

When CBTL Surprises ...

I've sometimes slammed on CBTL on here... Not because i'm mean, but because i'm like, honest.

  • They're too slow
  • No soy milk
  • Powdered everything
But the main reason i don't have CBTL coffee is this: it tastes like rat poison.
back me up on this, Murry.


I've maybe had a total of ten coffee drinks from CBTL ever. In fact, for the past forever, i've only ever had the Chai Latte's. I've had conversations with the baristas there. I've had like, arguments with the baristas there about their coffee. I've even had a tasting argument with them. 'omg tell me that doesn't taste like acidic anthrax!' 


But today, my friends, i have cracked the code.
I go to CBTL Seif every morning for breakfast, because going to Starbucks for a drink and CBTL for foodage makes me super difficult and neurotic, and i'm trying.
Every morning i order the chai latte.

Until today.

I ordered a vannilla latte.
Tasted it.
Regretted it.
aka: winced, almost cried

So the beautiful barista guy and i got into a conversation about it. I explained my theory of 'powderiness' and 'bitter espresso' and then it clicked to him.
So he pulled a 20-22 second shot and i tasted it. Et voila, perfection.

Apparently, CBTL pulls something like 24-27 second shots.
No wonder it tastes like bitter rust.

Next time inshallah, i'm asking for a 18-20 second pull, because it was still a little bitter.
You know, even on my Nespresso machine, i have a 18-20 second pull (different capsule strength for colder drinks).


But yes.
I just felt like i had to be honest and admit that CBTL might have a fighting chance with me.
Might.


Now if only they would stop embarrasing themselves by freakin' whipping the powder mix.






Until then, inshallah.
And honestly, thank GOD it's  the weekend.
(and Hazelnut Hot Chocolates from Starbucks Jlai3a when the rest of the world is sleeping and avoiding the rain).



ps: i've always wanted to have a 'coffee' label on this blog, but i honestly didn't want to talk about it that much becuase i've been quitting coffee and Starbucks and everything that is overpriced (wait, what? i mean unhealthy).



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home