Introductions
And so,
a new blog.
Some intro's:
I work at the Kuwait National Museum, the Archeology Department, and i need to share.
Mind you, i don't want to sit here all high and mighty and slam this place, but i do want to be honest.
So, honesty:
- my degree tells me i'm a historian
- i'm fascinated by Kuwaiti history
- fascination can very quickly turn to obsession
- i'm obsessed with Kuwaiti history
- i have extremely strong opinions about how to preserve Kuwaiti history
- most of these opinions go against current KNM beliefs and practices
- i voice my opinions to my boss, his boss, and anyone else
- i don't care what they think, because they won't dare do anything
- while they need me more than i need them, i feel obliged to stay here
- im obsessed with Kuwaiti history
Ok,
so that was honest.
Seeing as this is a semi-professional blog, as it is catered towards accurately presenting archeology and KNM on goings (and not myself), i insist on putting forth the following disclaimer:
This blog is of my personal opinion. Please do not take my words as 'the full story'. I will try to be fair in my portrayal of KNM and its staff. I don't want to be taken as the definitive voice on Kuwaiti archeology, and i certainly don't want my education or position here to be questioned. I readily admit to the truth that i have no traditional background in archeology, and therefore, anything related to eras, periods, dates, times, and peoples will be relayed here from what a superior said. I'm not an archeologist, and i'm not sure what my real position is here, but i sure as hell hope to bring Kuwaiti archeology into your conversations.
Now mind you, i'm not that fussy with disclaimers and introductions, but since this isn't my personal blog, i felt it was only necessary.
I really hope you'll gain a better understanding and insight into the overwhelming archeology that Kuwait has, and that you'll begin to see why it's imperative that we each take our part in preserving it.
In a weird way, this blog is doing just that.
All my best,
-me.
a new blog.
Some intro's:
I work at the Kuwait National Museum, the Archeology Department, and i need to share.
Mind you, i don't want to sit here all high and mighty and slam this place, but i do want to be honest.
So, honesty:
- my degree tells me i'm a historian
- i'm fascinated by Kuwaiti history
- fascination can very quickly turn to obsession
- i'm obsessed with Kuwaiti history
- i have extremely strong opinions about how to preserve Kuwaiti history
- most of these opinions go against current KNM beliefs and practices
- i voice my opinions to my boss, his boss, and anyone else
- i don't care what they think, because they won't dare do anything
- while they need me more than i need them, i feel obliged to stay here
- im obsessed with Kuwaiti history
Ok,
so that was honest.
Seeing as this is a semi-professional blog, as it is catered towards accurately presenting archeology and KNM on goings (and not myself), i insist on putting forth the following disclaimer:
This blog is of my personal opinion. Please do not take my words as 'the full story'. I will try to be fair in my portrayal of KNM and its staff. I don't want to be taken as the definitive voice on Kuwaiti archeology, and i certainly don't want my education or position here to be questioned. I readily admit to the truth that i have no traditional background in archeology, and therefore, anything related to eras, periods, dates, times, and peoples will be relayed here from what a superior said. I'm not an archeologist, and i'm not sure what my real position is here, but i sure as hell hope to bring Kuwaiti archeology into your conversations.
Now mind you, i'm not that fussy with disclaimers and introductions, but since this isn't my personal blog, i felt it was only necessary.
I really hope you'll gain a better understanding and insight into the overwhelming archeology that Kuwait has, and that you'll begin to see why it's imperative that we each take our part in preserving it.
In a weird way, this blog is doing just that.
All my best,
-me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home