Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Empty Bldg Random Post

I'm beyond bored.

There is not a single person in the building. The harrowing thought is if i scream, there will be no one to hear me. Luckily, this isn't a zombie movie in which all the dead animals come to attack me.

Wait......

*slows sudden heart racing, eyes inhaler, calms nerves*
and that's the reason why i don't watch scary movies.

Moving on, then, to more random insights..

-The new KPTC buses that take kids to schools in Rmaithiyya is beyond brilliant. I applaud them.

-The fact that the coppers seem to be wearing their guns on their thighs makes me nervous. Makes them look more trigger happy, too.

-The mere idea that there are army guys perching thier legs on the machine guns in those little rooms alongside Dasman Palace and Seif Palace makes me wonder how long it'll be until one of them gets bored enough to shoot the commuters.

-Speaking of the commute, it's been blissful. I worry about next week..

-Also, since i am very radio-oriented, it's about bloody time we get someone other than Linda playing English music in the morning. The Arabic channels are great in music and in the morning banter. But Linda, bless her, makes me switch channels everytime she comes on.

-I think there are way too many Porsche Cayenne's on the road. Oh, and not enough Cayman's for me to oogle at..

-Mom & co. decided a need a new car. I'm hurt, but am secretly looking around. The last car that made me excited was the Cayman S. And i'm so not getting another sports car. It's time i grew up automobile-y, no?

-I'm so over Gaucho that it bothers me that i no longer care so much. And i don't care what ya'll say.. it's been over a year and i'm still adamant that they've changed thier meat.

-Hashi needs to move into the guest room.

-The US Embassy has a 'Weekender's Guide to Life in Kuwait', (pdf) which has helped me from time to time.

-The new huge H&M in Salmiya has no parking. I circled twice. Back with it was Ram. At like, 1:30. No parking. Je suis le sad.

-I'm going to go buy (s)watches. Plural. In different colors. Becuase i need something to match my frames.

-My cat is pissing me off. As retribution, i'm going to have him shaved.


This post has been personal. Please disregard it.
And now, excuse me while i go prank call people from the Museum's number.

ps: if i'm fasting and i take a pull from my inhaler, does it break my fast?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Porsche..hmmm..I always thought you are a VW girl, I know I know...enhaling breaks your fasting I think...

12:10 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

Bu 7amda:
Let's just say this:
When i saw the Corvette Z06 while driving recently, i literally felt like i had just cheated on my car.
So. Yes.
VW's are fun. Great drives, too. The Toureg, however, never appealed to me. But renting a Bug or a Golf whilst travelling is fun....
Even hotter? A specialized company that lets you drive vintage hot rods.
25 + amreeka can't come soon enough :D

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you work in the red museum?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

Blue Dress:
The red museum? Like, il qa9ir il a7mar? As in: Jahra?
No.
But! In about two weeks i'll be going around there as part of the on-site team... (look up the 'jahra' '9ubiyyah'labels.

Anywho, no. Yes. I work at the Kuwait National Museum. The like, real one. On Gulf Road? Next to Parlaiment? Yes? No?

Ok: like, a block up from Burger Hub & Slider Station & Pink Moon & thems.

Damn. Yabeela Sicilian Babies....

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home