Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Subiyya Lecture Highlights

So the lecture on Subiyya went well.
There's also a new exhibition about the findings on that little island of ours. You know, Faila.. or something.


I just want to re-cap what cool things one can learn about Subiyya's archeology:

- It was the land of the Ubeid civilization, about 5,500 B.C.

- The population in Subiyya was at 4,000 inhabitants about 5,000 years ago.

- They found hardened, stone-like bones that are estimated to be 16million years old.

- They found formations that suggest tiny volcanoes were present.

- They've found around 1,000 graves there, alongside buriel treasures (beads and jewellery).



So, Subiyya's cool.
And i kind've like these Ubeidians (or whatever). 

I wonder who they are...


Until then.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Excellent!

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home