India: Rickshaw Tips
Today has been my first free day in India since the 14th.
I slept in, relaxed, and took my sweet time.
I went to a mega mall to get some much needed books, magazines, and much needed proper coffee.
In Pune, you have to travel by auto-rickshaw.
I have yet to see an actual cab here.
I use the rickshaw about 3 times a day, and will share my wisdom:
- Use an Indian Accent when Giving Destination.
- Use your Shawl (which you will use to further enhance your Indian-ness), to Cover your Mouth and Nose from the All-Encompassing Smog.
- Use Ear-Plugs.
- Stay in the Middle to Avoid being Spit On (because the driver will spit, about every three minutes).
- Use Ear-Plugs.
- Stay in Middle to Avoid having the Motor Cyclist's Front Wheel Hit You.
- Stay in Middle for Balance.
- Seriously, Cover Face.
- Hold on to Belongings, as the Driving is Erratic.
- Hold on to Belongings, as Beggars on Street will Stick their Heads and Hands in the Rick-shaw.
- It's Best not to Look.
- Message Someone and Keep at it Until You Arrive.
- Seriously, Don't Look.
- Ear-Plugs.
- Cover Face.
- Don't get Nauseous.
- Don't Hit Head on Metal Bar when Driver goes Over Speed-Bump.
And Finally,
- Don't Ever, Ever, Have any Bodily Limbs or Personal Belongings Hanging Loose.
Sent from the Back-Seat of a Rickshaw :)
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
I slept in, relaxed, and took my sweet time.
I went to a mega mall to get some much needed books, magazines, and much needed proper coffee.
In Pune, you have to travel by auto-rickshaw.
I have yet to see an actual cab here.
I use the rickshaw about 3 times a day, and will share my wisdom:
- Use an Indian Accent when Giving Destination.
- Use your Shawl (which you will use to further enhance your Indian-ness), to Cover your Mouth and Nose from the All-Encompassing Smog.
- Use Ear-Plugs.
- Stay in the Middle to Avoid being Spit On (because the driver will spit, about every three minutes).
- Use Ear-Plugs.
- Stay in Middle to Avoid having the Motor Cyclist's Front Wheel Hit You.
- Stay in Middle for Balance.
- Seriously, Cover Face.
- Hold on to Belongings, as the Driving is Erratic.
- Hold on to Belongings, as Beggars on Street will Stick their Heads and Hands in the Rick-shaw.
- It's Best not to Look.
- Message Someone and Keep at it Until You Arrive.
- Seriously, Don't Look.
- Ear-Plugs.
- Cover Face.
- Don't get Nauseous.
- Don't Hit Head on Metal Bar when Driver goes Over Speed-Bump.
And Finally,
- Don't Ever, Ever, Have any Bodily Limbs or Personal Belongings Hanging Loose.
Sent from the Back-Seat of a Rickshaw :)
Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home