Representin'
It just hit me,
as i was working yet again on that 46-piecer.
Myself, and two others (at least the ones i know of),
are the only people that work in this museum becuase they wanted to.
Allow me to ramble, won't you?
Ok.
I had to get my papers at the Civil Service thingie done
(which, of course, is a story unto itself).
Yet even after i had the NCCAL (National Council for Culture, Arts, & Letters) as my first choice, they decided i was better suited in the Ministry of Education.
Umm, noh.
So then i gots the wa96a working,
and met with the Ameen 3aam (the head of the NCCAL).
They're notorious about not giving out jobs,
becuase the pay is good and the work is pitiful,
and they like being a mafia, of course :p
I convinced the head of the NCCAL that i wasn't some prissy princess that wanted a desk job.
I wanted the archeology department.
I wanted to go on digs.
I wanted to learn about, preserve, cherish, hug, kiss, and take care of everything archeology-related.
So,
if i seem too pushy,
too demanding,
too wrapped up in my own passion to consider the 'outside picture',
then consider it a blessing,
becuase i want to be here, goddamnit.
I don't care about your tribal name,
your status,
your education,
or your lack of basic English.
It's enough you want to learn,
you want to change things,
and you want to learn more about, preserve, hug, kiss, and cherish Kuwaiti archeology.
I'm proud of the archeology team i'm a part of,
and i'm proud to be the first woman.
But mostly,
i proud to be working here,
in this shitty, beauracratic government job that doesn't get the credit it really deserves.
It is, after all, what i really wanted.
.................................................................................................................
Lol, that was intense!
But it really tells you something when the farrash knocks on the door to let you know that work's over.
And you thought it was around 11.
On a Wednesday, no less.
Have a great long weekend :D
as i was working yet again on that 46-piecer.
Myself, and two others (at least the ones i know of),
are the only people that work in this museum becuase they wanted to.
Allow me to ramble, won't you?
Ok.
I had to get my papers at the Civil Service thingie done
(which, of course, is a story unto itself).
Yet even after i had the NCCAL (National Council for Culture, Arts, & Letters) as my first choice, they decided i was better suited in the Ministry of Education.
Umm, noh.
So then i gots the wa96a working,
and met with the Ameen 3aam (the head of the NCCAL).
They're notorious about not giving out jobs,
becuase the pay is good and the work is pitiful,
and they like being a mafia, of course :p
I convinced the head of the NCCAL that i wasn't some prissy princess that wanted a desk job.
I wanted the archeology department.
I wanted to go on digs.
I wanted to learn about, preserve, cherish, hug, kiss, and take care of everything archeology-related.
So,
if i seem too pushy,
too demanding,
too wrapped up in my own passion to consider the 'outside picture',
then consider it a blessing,
becuase i want to be here, goddamnit.
I don't care about your tribal name,
your status,
your education,
or your lack of basic English.
It's enough you want to learn,
you want to change things,
and you want to learn more about, preserve, hug, kiss, and cherish Kuwaiti archeology.
I'm proud of the archeology team i'm a part of,
and i'm proud to be the first woman.
But mostly,
i proud to be working here,
in this shitty, beauracratic government job that doesn't get the credit it really deserves.
It is, after all, what i really wanted.
.................................................................................................................
Lol, that was intense!
But it really tells you something when the farrash knocks on the door to let you know that work's over.
And you thought it was around 11.
On a Wednesday, no less.
Have a great long weekend :D


4 Comments:
lol .. “I don’t care about your lack of basic English”! glad to see someone enthusiastic about their government job, good luck
You are a crazy american woman ...
hey, as long as you love whatcha doin, go get em tiger!
and feel free to vent it out here whneva you need to :D v're all ears!
BC:
well, Arabic IS the official language, so they're really not required to know anything else. But it does get awkward when we get the foriegners in ...
K:
I still can't believe he thought i was American. And the more i think about it, the more i take offense. Should i stop talking about Starbucks? Is that it? lol
Jitterbug:
Ah yes. The vent.
I don't think people understand that you can still love doing something but complain about it all the time. Like a peanut butter sandwhich. You love it to death, but just looking at it gives you fat cells :P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home