Gov't Computers Fail
------Original Message------
To: go@blogger.com
Subject: Gov't Computers Fail
Sent: Apr 4, 2010 11:12
I have been having terribly inconsistent internet.
Yes, it's connected, but it will often not open up a page and I get the dreaded "cannot display the webpage".
Until I can, 10 minutes later..
Inconsistent.
I had originally thought it was work blocking sites for us. But then I laughed and realized that I probably have the only computer in KNM that's actually used for surfing.
(I should stop lying, because there are only like, four computers that have internet connections. Yay for being imbalta3a ! :D)
Turns out, somehow, that it's related to the fact that while Windows is genuine, Office isn't.
I remember blogging about it a long time ago, when they first gave us computers (after about a year and a half, I must add).
However, since I can't open blogger, I can't link to that older post.
I was complaining to Bu AM, who's the other Chemistry guy here, and he laughed and said that Microsoft receives about $500 million annually in licensing fees.
And so, according to the IT guy here, 'Microsoft caught you'.
I was all like, 'no, my friend, YOU'RE the one that got served !'
Government sector fail.
But yay for genuine Office tomorrow !
-me.
To: go@blogger.com
Subject: Gov't Computers Fail
Sent: Apr 4, 2010 11:12
I have been having terribly inconsistent internet.
Yes, it's connected, but it will often not open up a page and I get the dreaded "cannot display the webpage".
Until I can, 10 minutes later..
Inconsistent.
I had originally thought it was work blocking sites for us. But then I laughed and realized that I probably have the only computer in KNM that's actually used for surfing.
(I should stop lying, because there are only like, four computers that have internet connections. Yay for being imbalta3a ! :D)
Turns out, somehow, that it's related to the fact that while Windows is genuine, Office isn't.
I remember blogging about it a long time ago, when they first gave us computers (after about a year and a half, I must add).
However, since I can't open blogger, I can't link to that older post.
I was complaining to Bu AM, who's the other Chemistry guy here, and he laughed and said that Microsoft receives about $500 million annually in licensing fees.
And so, according to the IT guy here, 'Microsoft caught you'.
I was all like, 'no, my friend, YOU'RE the one that got served !'
Government sector fail.
But yay for genuine Office tomorrow !
-me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home