Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Q8 AIR RULES!

So!

Those who know me know that i don't like surprises, don't like being spontaneous, and generally just don't like changing my routine.

Then, you get surprised, become spontaneous, and change your routine.

All because your bestfriend, who you had spent the night over at, said goodbye to in the morning, and sulked over the thought of her leaving for three months surprises you at work becuase her flight got delayed.

Oh, hell yes.

I got befuddled (lol), disoriented, and decided that we are not going to act like this is a place of suitable work (for me at least).

We left at 9:45, and while the boss person (i get 2 seperate 2 hour 'away from work' hours a month- i've used one the whole time i've been here), decided that i don't need to come back, i did.

I'm a loser.
But a good loser!

And while it was totally awesome getting lost trying to get to Mcdonald's (dorky, i know), going to the one we knew wasn't as hard to find as the one we were currently looking for, and finding out that they don't serve 'real food' (only breakfast), it feels wierd to have left the whole day, knowing full well that there was nothing else for me to do.

Hmm..
now that i think about it,
there were a millioin and one things i could have done.

But like i said, i don't like surprises, don't like being spontaneous, and generally just don't like changing my routine.

But damnit all to hell if that wasn't the funnest thing i've done in a long-overdue time.

I just wished i had burned a copy of the new PB for me, like i did for her.

Happy Migdanelz at the airport, my half black/half puerto rican army brat named Alejandra, may you enjoy your 14-hour flight, and the ridiculous amount of dvd's i burned for you.



Until then,
-me :D

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

Lol! aw hope you had a gala day though!

I been holding me up by me collar gettin me to change my routine, you nee a shock to jolt ya to change! Dont settle back into it, start likin em surprises!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey .. this is offtopic but please reply..
have i ever seen u in "almultaqa" cafe in bait lothan ????

10:12 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

Jitterbug:
Forgive me, but Cockney, no?
Don't clobber me with 50p, for i am incapable of distinguishing the different dialects of Her Majesty's' United Kingdom.

My idea of a 'shock to jolt' me to change is to refrain from Starbucks.

I'm a sucker for routine, so i think i am clinically obliged to support my fellow AlShaya'a countrymen ;p



Fayoora:
you crazy monkey!
you havn't been in since the last time i grabbed you and forced you to socialize with us.
come back,
i have more Archie comics.
(good luck with school!)
ps: who the hell ELSE you know that works, and constantly talks about, working in KNM. of course it's me! I'm all non-secretive about my identity, which is cool, becuase then people like you will be like, 'duuuuuuuude, i know youuuuuuuuuu'.
yay!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looooool!!
I Luv u ;P
you just made me crack up!

Bas remind me what was ur name ? ;P

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

annnd .. can u drop me ur Email?
i need to ask some FAQ's about KNM ;P

1:58 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

Fayoora:

I love me too, i'm so glad you agree! lol

I remembered YOUR name, it's only fair that you remember mine (dude, how 'bout that gingko-balboa for the memory loss?!) lol

I'll email you, munchkin, since my email is TRES revealing.

Pass by,
coffee on me :D

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home