Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ramblicious

Hello.
Traffic was horrendous.
Horrendous.
It was so bad I literally carved out a hole in the stress ball I keep in my car because of the traffic.
It was so bad it literally crumbled in my hand.
Now I’m just squeezing at whatever is still intact.
I’m really so very upset about this.
I don’t understand the logic behind how some people conduct themselves on the road.
No wait, lol, I meant the lack of logic.
I judge people by how their traffic/driving is.
I’ve never been more ashamed to be Kuwaiti.
It’s really not excusable to feel entitled.
I cursed so much I might as well not only break my fast by drinking water and eating a sandwich, oh no, it’s like, ‘well you might as well break your fast with a bottle of vodka and a ham sandwich’. Oh, and Ms. Spektor taunts, ‘a little bag of cocaine’.
Ukh.
Istaghfarallah.
I’m so glad that it’s a weekend in five hours, and I don’t have to leave home to go anywhere.

Oh, and I think I just added another KD300 to my dentist’s bill because of all the grinding. I know he’s going to give me a hard time about it, and he’s going to be oh-so-smug about it, too.
Grr..

The only saving grace about this day that isn’t even a hour old yet is the fact that it just hit me: I can listen to my XM RADIO here like I do at home.
It’s never hit me to listen to it here.
I never thought the connection would hold.
I always thought there wouldn’t be enough bandwidth.
(I used to listen to LuxuriaMusic before, at another place. Looking out at the Kuwaiti skyline from the AlRaya building’s 28th floor while listening to Latin Jazz is trippy).
But I’m listening to XM now, and it hasn’t glitches, cut, buffered, or anything yet.
And the fact that Ron & Fez are on makes my day.
Regardless of the fact that they’re talking about sports right now.
*tunes out*

So I bumped into Clueless Boy at the sign-in desk.
He was wheezing.
Like,
“wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze”.
Poor bastard.
Anyways, I asked him to pass by.
Wednesday is the official day that no one shows up to our department.
Mind you, it’s just four of us here since all the archeologists are out of the country doing their thing.
Me, Drag Queen, Purple Elephant, and Clueless Boy.
It’s just me on Wednesdays.
Anywho.
He was on his way to let the HR guy know that he’s leaving for a doctor’s appointment.
And honey, with that wheezing, let him go.
But I’m concocting plans to make him sweat like a little piggy on Saturday.
Why?
Because I can.
And he seems incapable of stopping me.
The masochist.

In other news,
notice: boringness ahead.
I passed by that new car place in Salmiyah to finally have some form of sun protection installed.
I had pretty simple requests:
-that it be completely legal
-that it block out at least 50% of the sun
-that it not be black
-that it doesn’t streak, scratch, or otherwise look amateurish.

I got charged KD120, already on sale.
I’m giving it another day for the tiny miniscule bubbles on my side windows to diminish. The front window is excellently done. The back window looks like my toric lenses are in need of a rub again.

Did I totally make a mistake? My friend was like, ‘leave now. I’m picking you up and taking you to Llumar.’ Another one said only do Vcool. Another said Zeibart or something. I used SolarGard. Total mistake?
Ugh.

Remember how I kept going on & on about backing up my laptop and needing to format it?
Big surprise,
I didn’t do jack.
The external HD I keep seeing at TSC was 90KD at Virgin yesterday, for 100Gb’s.
Forget that!
But Virgin did have



holy self-erasing blog, batman!
dudes, i just found out that the rest of this post, like, 25% more, got erased.
i'm not gonna go into it.
i'm sad.
it contained billie holiday, random musings, and references to pornography.
now.
it's gone.
all gone.
curses!

2 Comments:

Blogger K.thekuwaiti said...

You didn't go to Llumar! Well, I don't blame you; they left water stains all over the interior of my car.

And I left home at 11am today .. even the minimal traffic at that time got my blood pressure up.

I need to buy a armored truck and just ram into people.

12:29 PM  
Blogger *~Princesita~* said...

Hehe...youre funny:)Careful while on the road, its gets crazy especially during Ramadan.

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home