Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Translation!

i need a free online english-arabic translation service.
Pronto.

help me keep my job?



10:37 EDIT: found out that google (my saviour) does english-arabic translations (thank GOD!). However, how exactly does one expect another to translate this?!:
At the same time, chemical composition analyses of glazed pottery, glass and coins were made by using a portable x-ray fluorescence spectrometer and diffactometer.
Umm, what?!
Would this do?
وفي نفس الوقت ، من التحليلات الكيمياءيه تكوين الاطارات والزجاج والاواني المعدنيه التي كانت مستخدمه 2 الاشعه البنفسجيه والحمراء ديفراكتوميتر (جهاز تحليل مخبري).

No, like, seriously?!
I'm gonna go talk to Head Boss, who just came back after two months on a dig with this report.
this is so not in my job description!


10:45 EDIT:
So he's not in, took a week's vacation, which i don't blame him for. But he expects me to do this 9-page report on this Japanese dudes' findings. I asked Purple, who told me he wanted me to do this, who translated these things before i came along. She said it was A7med, who translated Boss's book into English, and who i translated his translation into coherent English. I have Boss's number, and i'm extremely tempted to call him up and be like, 'we have an official translator in the administration'. Should i? Or should i just Google translate-it and hope for the best? I understand i'm not really translating, just typing up the hard copy and hand-writing it on a piece of paper, but i feel like it's gonna get messed up anyways. I mean, everything is going to get lost in archeological translation that i feel like lara croft and scarlett johansson's lips are going to fight each other. Shit. Bring on the 'i would...' please.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Stallion said...

Try the following :

1) http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html

2) http://www.1-800-translate.com/machine%5Ftrans/

Sites with translation links :

1) http://www.omniglot.com/links/translation.htm

2) http://www.freelang.net/

3) http://www.emailaddresses.com/online_translation.htm

12:46 PM  
Blogger J said...

oooh o0oooh you shoulda made this and I would Tag

In a perfect world I would thwack boss's head with the closest thing available and ask him "hulllo? WTF DO you think I am again" (I be expressing current sentiments at a similar situation I be facing btw :()

In this not-too-perfect-at-all world, I'd refer to one of the ample of links provided by Stallion :( Just make sure you dont have a deja vu happen of this again though I guess...

10:15 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

Mr. Stallion,
I really don't know what else to say: THANK YOU!


Jitterbug:
Not that i don't want to be a 'team player' and all, but my translating capabilities are non existent. Boss's should realize what and what not thier employees are capable of doing. Good luck with your thingie, as well!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home