Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Got Lost Again, obviously.

Yesterday:
I took the new route i had reversed on the way back from work in Jahra the day before.
It messed me up.
I ended up not near the Pilgrims Resting Area (the day before), but instead someplace completely new, the military academy of Ali Sabah Salem or something like that.
What was obviously cooler than the obvious was the fact that there was this huge blimp.
It was literally like, holy mother! is that the Lindenburg?!
It was cooler than words, for more than the obvious reason ;p

I ended up at work, somehow.
I think God's on my side.

Once i got there, however, it was obvious (yes, word of the day) that i would have no work to do. The chemist and bu a7med were giving instructions on how to proceed on the obvious task they had to do.
Explain to me how numbered bags that needed to get washed and laid-out were done haphazardly.
Literally, i had placed on each table three straight, obvious rows, numbered 270-279, 280-289, 290-209, and etc.
Why they decided to wash bag 357 and then 403 and then any other number that was closest to them instead of doing it in order baffled me.
These bags contained artifacts from on site that needed to be washed, dried (overnight), and numbered and pieced together by me, in order, obviously.

Ukh.
Sometimes i shake my head at the indifference.
Then i, according to the M, talk to them, 'chinhum khidaam ubooch'.
Well, yes.
Obviously i needed to not only explain it, but i need to write instructions, make a video, and talk them through it.
I mean, come on.
They did this with the Bhaita baskets i had numbered, as well.
But it's ok.
Becuase it's easy to forgive them when they're the only 'friends' you have at work.

Today:
I drove towards the general Jahra area with confidence, even putting on Slaiman Zaiman, 3abaady Jowhar, and Bu Bakr.
Until i inevitably got lost for the billionth time.
And just as i lowered my window to ask the two old wrinkly men where the qa9r a7mar was, and they replied in unison 'in there', i realized they were looking at me weird. Is it becuase my car is unbecoming of a proper woman? Is it becuase i'm the only woman who wasn't a munaqqiba was driving? Or, omg i'm wearing a t-shirt. I've never, ever, gone to work in a t-shirt. I don't know why i didn't automatically go to my 'work' closet this morning. Why i wore my Jamiroqoui shirt instead of a proper long-sleeved shirt.
Now that was an obvious oversight.
Oops.
Sorry.
My bad.


This post is obviously unnecessary, and i think it's becuase peekvid decided to shut down for the time being.
Bastards.
(all together now..)
Obviously!


later, people who go to work in skirts, t-shirts, princess-blouses, and the like.
-me.
(obviously).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home