Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Stone Age?... Intrigue!

I don't know what brought what up,
but there's apparently some photographic evidence of cave drawings in Kuwait.

Boss Man said that Dr. Theresa Howard-Carter and Dr. Fahad Al-Wohaibi (former KNM boss) found some cave drawings in Ma7miyyat Shaikh Sabah (Amir's Sanctuary). However, becuase they exposed it, it is no longer there.

I told Boss Man that an immediate excavation of the site needs to happen, lest anyone messes anything up. I say this becuase if there were drawings, then there's gotta be tools buried.

Oh. And did i mention that this is supposedly from the Stone Age? Dated approximately 8,000 years B.C?
We don't have a Stone Age in Kuwait, but this might prove otherwise.

I'm off to search for those pictures now :D


PS: We have a Bronze Age though ....
Failaka's, and Subbiya's.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger faisalalawadhi said...

interesting!! keep us posted

3:54 PM  
Blogger EXzombie said...

I'll wait for the update....!!!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read of stone age artefacts that were found around Burgan area ages ago though.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

faisal:
i might be needing your architectural planning skills in the future.. safe warning :p

exzombie:
i can't find anything else!

baboonij:
it's mentioned in a lot of place that kuwait has stone age heritage (aka: H3 in subbiya and such), but i just can't find the sources that say we had CAVE DRAWINGS, which would've been omg, SO much cooler. it's literally like, would i rather find out that we had some dudes setting up camp 3,000 years ago or knowing that we had graffiti artists 8,000 years ago. It's so entirely a matter of personal coolness factor. tee!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home