Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Monday, August 14, 2006

Crack Can

So,
i'm totally fine getting into work.
Until i realize that i'm in the Starbucks parking lot and i'm missing my hair band (scrunchies are the big, 80's-style ones :p).
I can't go down in public with my hair all wild and like, not presentable!
(i had taken a shower the night before, and of course, didn't bother to dry it before passing out)
So,
i panic. And in my state of panic, i forgo Starbucks in favor of The Sultan Center.
I might as well have upgraded from cocaine to crack.

I used to be a huge TSC fan. I used to leave home at 6:45 and go to the one in Souk Sharq to roam. That is, until i started spending around 7-15kd a day on crap that isn't needed.

So i go back to the scene of the TSC addiction.
I go for hair band thingies
(i usually have bands put around my gear stick in my car).
I was met with a site that would have every six year old girl squeel with giddyness.
Colors.
Animals.
Shapes.
Nothing in black, brown, blue, or any other color that isn't fuscia.

So i pick up what is semi-presentable maybe in a clown circus and decide,
'so i didn't have Starbucks. I'm going to die. What can i have instead?'
Then,
like a beautiful epiphany,
i was reminded that my cousin had given me Starbucks Double Shot Espresso & Cream cold cans once, to appease me.
But, i didn't taste it,
and i didn't know where i put them.

A few questions later,
and i have those exact items in my basket.

And for .850fils a can (6.5 oz), that's not too bad compared with the 1.200 i used to pay for my tall Affogato.
Except this isn't an Affogato,
and i'm not that good at fighting temptation.

But until the next time,
here's to canned Starbucks drinks.
*raises can*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home