Critical Condition
Dear family and friends,
my beautiful little reliable laptop has been violated by its charger. Or, at least, that's what the people at the workshop are saying.
While the motherboard was simply altered last time, now they need to completely replace it.
This makes me extremely nervous.
What if they can't just replace it and be done with it?
What if they go in, find that the problem has spread, and need to format it.
I will die if they format it.
We all know that we need to treat out laptops with the upmost respect, and we all know that we need to regularly back up our data.
But: i don't remember the last time i uploaded to filesanywhere.com, or the last time i used an external drive, or the last time i moved laptop stuff to desktop, or the last time i used my gmail accounts as hard drive back-ups.
I can't help but blame myself.
please pray for non-formatting.
see you Saturday inshallah,
with the tablet pc,
which i want to get rid of.
If i can't use my bueatiful vaio baby,
i don't want to TOUCH another laptop.
*sigh*
my beautiful little reliable laptop has been violated by its charger. Or, at least, that's what the people at the workshop are saying.
While the motherboard was simply altered last time, now they need to completely replace it.
This makes me extremely nervous.
What if they can't just replace it and be done with it?
What if they go in, find that the problem has spread, and need to format it.
I will die if they format it.
We all know that we need to treat out laptops with the upmost respect, and we all know that we need to regularly back up our data.
But: i don't remember the last time i uploaded to filesanywhere.com, or the last time i used an external drive, or the last time i moved laptop stuff to desktop, or the last time i used my gmail accounts as hard drive back-ups.
I can't help but blame myself.
please pray for non-formatting.
see you Saturday inshallah,
with the tablet pc,
which i want to get rid of.
If i can't use my bueatiful vaio baby,
i don't want to TOUCH another laptop.
*sigh*


3 Comments:
aint that a bitch...
My Sony Vaio, a sexy piece of compact kit recently died on me. Apparently the motherboard overheated and warped, frying it and turning it into an erratic piece of poop.
Anyways, think i might go the macbook pro route next...
Your harddrive is probably fine .. that said, I don't keep important stuff on my laptop. I format the thing every couple of weeks anyway. And don't fix a laptop unless its free. You could probably buy a new one for a small difference in price.
Entrepreneur:
(i still can't get over the fact that's how you really spell it!)
My motherboard overheated too, i guess, which makes me sad. I mean, yes, it's hot, but c'mon! Don't over heat on me! lol
Macs can shove it. 'Nuff Said.
K:
i hope the hard drive is fine, dear GOD i hope it's fine. Last time, the cost was KD15 for something or other. Now they're saying KD115. I know that's a SHITload of money, but i refuse to give up on that laptop. I mean, i GUESS i could fix it, put everything on an external, and get a new one, but that'd still require the 115 :(
boohoo!
*cries*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home