Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rant-tastic Fun

My Poptarts are out (Brown cinnamon). But fear not, for i have a Cheese Paninni from... yes, Starbucks.

And a Muffin.

And my Affogato.

And another shot of espresso that i downed at the counter.

I feel like Tommy from GTA, when he takes the drug, and everything suddenly is ssssslllllllluuuuuuuggggggggiiiiiiiiiiissssssshhhhhhhh.
I need an upper, and i'm giving Starbucks 15 more minutes before i expect the caffeine in my two shots of espresso to race through my veins and into my heart.

Faster, damnit! lol

......................................................

So i was surprised yesterday, when Clueless Boy did what i had asked him to. Extremely surprised, actually. It's not that i'm being mean, it's just that he is actually clueless when it comes to receiving directions, making a decision, and figuring stuff out on his own. I though of him as i brushed my teeth today, and wondered if he said some sort of learning disability. I really thought he might, until i remembered how bland he was, and how it could just be that he's not all together.

I'm asking him to please wrap up the bags once i'm done with them, secure them with the rope, make sure there is a label on the outside and one on the inside, and bring out new bags and spread their contents.

That honestly takes no more than ten minutes.

However, i'm also making him count how many pieces of pottery, clay, glass, and porcelain i've numbered.

That takes around the same time.

So all in all, homeboy works for half an hour a day max. I need to have him work some more, but it's honestly more frustrating to correct his honest mistakes than to do everything yourself. But the kid's great, and so i let it slide.
.................................................................

Speaking of letting it slide!
(I just typed up a paragraph talking about how i think i'm facing some sexism when it comes to work. Then i decided it wasn't anything solid, and that i might be jumping the gun. But trust- your homegirl at KNM sure as hell isn't going to stand for it.)
I was supposed to go on an archeological digging workshop in Tunisia, representing the State of Kuwait.
But it didn't go through, despite the assurances that i would be there August 9-19.
However, i'm not taking this as a slight, considering that these things happen. But i am fuming that neither Big Boss Man (who initially told me i'm going) nor Head (who was excited for me) gave me any indication of the deal not going through before they left.

Now mind you, i don't expect Big Boss Man to call me up and invite me to his office to discuss such things (although that's how it happened when he told me), but i do expect SOMEONE to let me know that it's not going through. I have yet to officially hear back from anyone regarding this. For all i know, i'm supposed to go. But with Big Boss Man and Head both outta town, it's highly doubtful. They have some 'splainin to do. If hell hath no fury as a woman scorned, then what do you make of a woman being promised something and not getting it?

They will pay for that, becuase as my friend Naletco says, they need to be pelted with tomatoes. And i don't like tomatoes, so it will be doubly aggressive. I hope they get tomato seeds stuck in their eyelashes.

Actually, i couldn't care less, it just would've been nice if i had heard anything regarding the issue, becuase i was so looking forward to conversing with the locals, and convulsing into uncontrollable bouts of giggles.
..............................................................

The espresso's are supposed to be working, and they're not. That palpatation i feel is just my internal rhythmic lulling sound, calling me to sleep.
...............................................................

Until then, hombres,
-me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home