Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sleepy Time in Mecca

Arghhhhh!
(hot diggity, it’s pirate season again!)

Ok then,
A re-cap of last week:

Monday:
Pass out all day until 4:30pm, which is what happens when you end up sleeping for around five hours a night for like, the past month. I can’t blame Ramadhan, but it didn’t exactly help that everything ’starts’ up at 8pm. However, that’s no excuse for going to bed around 2:30-3. You do it often enough and you’ll end up nearly comatose, honestly not even remembering the two separate alarms and the human version. It was a total shitty shitty bang bang situation. Sick leave paper filled out.

Tuesday:
Our flight to Mecca was supposed to be later, and I totally didn’t want to go to work for an hour before having to leave. So, Sick leave paper filled out.

Wednesday:
I was always going to take Wednesday off, so the sick leave paper had already been filled out.

Total sick leave papers that week: 3. Out of a total of 15/year. With those three that makes seven. That leaves eight. Not bad. And only two of the seven were actual sick-ness related. Teehee!

Random musings:
- No one at home seems to take the fact that I have a job seriously. And I’m not talking about my family. The house staff seem indifferent to that fact. And because I’m not exactly dependable on waking myself up (see details in ‘Monday’ above ;p), I have come to rely on others to make sure I’m up. The first one thinks a 7:20 wake-up call means 7:40, ‘heih! So you‘re leetle late, what they‘re going to do?!’ Umm, let‘s not find out, how ‘bout that?!. The second looks at me like, ‘I’m getting up to wake YOU up’, and proceeds to pass back out.

- It’s my first time to Mecca during Ramadhan. It’ll be my last.
- Our Mu6awwif has an email address on his card. That’s cool.
- Someone has to have a Mecca-centric blog. That would be the ultimate in cool beans.

In other news, I can’t seem to force work on Clueless, simply because there’s really nothing to be done. And the bastard can’t help me with the translation because he doesn’t know English. And, as much as I’d LOVE to hand-write down the Arabic translation and give it to him to type up, that’s Purple’s job. Oh. Speaking of. I hate her so much I’d rather take a cheese grate to my face than to be around her. I’m glad she’s locked herself up in her office to pass out. Because it brings me immense joy to go downstairs and past her office talking loudly on the phone/making a ruckus. Immense joy.

And, In fantastical news:
I’ve officially submitted in my vacay time.
25 days off.
I’m thinking of never coming back.
Oh, and back to work, too :p
*pinches self*

Wait, since self-harm is like, 7aram and all, and I just pinched myself, does that mean that I can break my fast?

3 Comments:

Blogger K.thekuwaiti said...

I want coffee.
now.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still stuck with the translation? why don't you post it and have a "best translation" competition? :P

10:26 PM  
Blogger Archeology Uncovered said...

K:
Don't even go there. It's not the coffee that i want so much, it's realizing that the only thing that ever got me to work was the prospect of having Starbucks. I miss my doubleshot :( You know what i miss more? Water!

BC:
Yeah, the translation's going slowly but surely. It was a lot harder and time consuming than i thought a simple 'type and translate' solution would have been. No 'best translation' competition. Akhaf itgu9oon 3alai :P

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home