Archeology Uncovered

Ku-wait. Arche-ology. Not many think they mix, but they do - sometimes overwhelmingly. I work at the National Museum in the Archeology Department. Here are my ongoings... [email me at ArcheologyUncovered [at] gmail [dot] com ]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuwait

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dennis-Style

I find it prudent to mention the fact that my glasses are scratched.
It took me a good while to realize this, and now you know, which makes complaining all that easier.

I also want to complain about the false sense of 'YAAAAAAY' that i experienced while on my morning commute.
I left at 7:25, knowing i was going to be coming in after 8, but arriving to Sheraton round-about at 7:45.
What the hell is that all about?

Schools started today!
Where's the traffic?
Don't get me wrong, i love the 20 minutes to work, but it feels strange.
I'm sure i'll be changing my mind in like a week or so, when public schools start.

So being early,
and really having no self control what-so-ever means only one thing:
Starbucks.

I go,
get greeted like a long-lost friend,
and pull my barista to the side.
"Dennis', i say, 'how's abouts making it an iced Affogato?"
I had a vision, you see.
"Ma'am?.."
"Iced, Dennis, as in: Not blended"
"Ayy, ma'am, it needs to be blended..."
Then i gave him my Tim Gunn stare, the one he delivers right before demanding to "Make it work, Dennis"
"Yes, ma'am"

After walking him through it, and realizing that he gets me, i take my tentative first sips.
"ohhhhhh Denis, Denis....!"
I close my eyes, my heart flutters, my viens start sputtering, kicking in, and revving to life.
Blondie's "Denis" (Din-ee) starts playing in the background of my own little world, and i realize that all is well with the world.

Then the guy behind me brushes against my shoulder to pick up his Venti Coffee, and i'm brought back to the real world.

......................................

I actually had a few things else i wanted to talk about, but i just gave myself goosebumps.

I'm going to finish enjoying my drink.

May you likewise find little things that make you deliriously happy :D

I leave you contented,
for now ;p
-me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home